Friday, March 20, 2009

Scored some good eats!

I picked my brother in law at the airport today. On the way home we passed by an Asian neighborhood. It is about an hour and a half from my house and I almost never drive in that direction. So I grabbed the opportunity to stop at an Asian grocery store. They have a myriad of foods that you will never find in American grocery stores. This place had it all! From live frogs to live sea turtles.

Here is what I picked up:

  • 2 rabbits
  • 1 duck
  • beef tripe
  • turkey gizzards
  • 1 tilapia
  • 1 Chinese tilapia
  • 2 large eye red snappers
  • 1 large porgy
  • 1 unknown fish, but it looked good
  • 2 lbs baby octopus
  • 2 dozen live blue claw crabs
  • jicama
  • baby boc choy

They had about 15 more variety of fish, many snails, mollusks and other beef and pork offal and meat cuts. This purchase will certainly make interesting upcoming eating. My brother in law OK'd duck and red snapper for this weekend. I just may make the trip to this Asian supermarket on a bi-monthly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment