Saturday, March 21, 2009

Paleo Drinks

Drinking plain water gets pretty boring. I decided to cut out diet soda and all the chemicals it brings. Drinking sugared soda or juices is not even an option due to the high sugar content, even watered down juices, is extremely non-Paleo. Although I do drink coffee occasionally , I really do not want the caffeine rush or to rely on it to wake up. So that leaves me with tea.



The tea realm is virtually limitless. There are many types of true teas: black, green, white and their subcategories. Then there are flavored teas such as earl grey or Jasmine Green and a myriad of herbal teas.



Currently I am working through a box of Oolong black tea. I also keep 2 pitchers of "Iced tea. One caffeinated. one decaffeinated. I usually brew 3 tea bags of either black or green tea and add a third for extra flavoring such as peppermint tea or mint tea. I have learned to drink all teas without sweeteners and enjoy the taste for what it is. At night I love to finish my day with a warm cup of Chamomile tea.



I find that Asian stores carry a variety of great teas at 1/3 or 1/2 the price of American supermarkets.

2 comments:

  1. I think teas are wonderful, and the variety is endless. I do however think that watered down juices are a great option, so long as they are watered down enough. I tent to go for about a 20 parts water to 1 part juice ratio. This works particularly well with tarts juices such as cherry or cranberry. And it's almost like an herbal infusion itself :)

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete