Sunday, March 29, 2009

Liver in lemon-dill sauce

Decided to try a very different liver recipe. And no salt.




Ingredients:


  • 8 oz beef liver
  • 1 tbs duck fat
  • pepper to taste
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • zest of one lemon
  • 1/4 tsp dry dill
Directions:


heat skillet and melt duck fat (the recipe called for rendering out bacon fat, but I did not have that, I did have rendered duck fat, which is also tasty.) Sprinkle liver with pepper and dill. Fry liver pieces until browned on both sides. ad juice of lemon and zest and allow to thicken to a sauce. ( the recipe calls for the crunchy bacon pieces to be added at this time).

Didn't miss the salt at all! I overdid it on the onions. The lemon sauce was interesting, not sure if I'd make this again. My favorite so far is the onion /apple/sage combo witht he liver.







1 comment: